Monday, January 11, 2010

cooking with friends is good

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee food! So its been awhile and I want to check in on the life and times of eating in my home in SE Portland, Oregon. The push has been complete and it changes the pace and energy of so much of my life. Last week I had a friend over for dinner and I defrosted a big hunk of pizza dough and she brought over all sorts of crazy local toppings (broccoli, potatoes, carrots of all colors). It was lovely and I love purple carrots that bleed into the Mozzarella.

Then this weekend was a celebration bonanza. Me lover, Carson, was hired at a new fabulous job and is so happy. I pampered him and took him out to good food and a bottle of wine at Navarre. After not drinking a drop the wine was tasty and put me in a downer mood on Saturday morning...vino might not be a regular choice again in the grey days of winter. However at Navarre we ate razor clams, brussel sprouts and apples, buffalo, and yummy red velvet cake. Be-still my heart!

Saturday was apparently a day away from anything grown in the earth, unless it was fermented or popped in oil as we had dive bar drinks and popcorn for dinner at the movie theater.

Now Sunday was a whole other story. Brunch chez moi. With friends we had poached egss, fresh hollandaise, beignets, butternut squash pancakes, espresso, potato, cauliflower and curry hash and brushetta. AMAZING. With that in my stomach I gladly recommitted to healthy and mindful eating, even if its butter filled holondaise. Its a satiating thing to cook and eat with people and it set me straight on the health front again.

Coming soon: more recipes and reviews of the ones I like!!! DUH!

- Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment