Monday, January 18, 2010

mom's chocolate cake

My mom has this favorite chocolate cake. It has been present at every birthday of my life and when i see it being made it means that something special is happening. Now baking is not a foreign part of my life, because I've seen and helped my mom and grandma do it but now i'm wondering if perhaps I hadn't realized in the nuanced elements of a good baker.

I made mom's cake, two of them actually, for the second time in my life. And it gets "better" each time but I'm convinced that there is some either 1) part of the recipe my mom left out or 2) natural instinct I don't have yet. The cake is good but it isn't mom's. The moisture isn't there. This is a reminder to give her a call and ask her about that.

Oh, i'd give you the recipe but she'd never talk to me again. Silly? perhaps. True? Absolutely

No comments:

Post a Comment