Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Feeling so good and feeling so bad

That thing about making a large change in diet and exercise is that it can feel so good and so bad. And SO is the key word. Yesterday and this morning I felt like my body was purifying itself. I felt lighter and so proud to be eating in my new habits. And then I went to an African dance class last night and then running on the treadmill this morning and man it felt good in the moment and by the end of the day I am feeling the toxins of not using my body pumping through my veins. It could be a headache, it could be fatigue but what it really is is my body saying "this is why you don't stop doing this and instead do it for consistency". That there is the challenge I know I will face in this new commitment...consistency and dilligence. I love to try new things and jump on and off of experiences and I do not want to do that any longer in my body and health. What will it take this year Courtney? Amazing grace and acceptance on the journey and no excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment